- 3 medium zucchini
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 cup roasted, diced long green chiles
- 1 tbsp. oil
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp. chicken bouillon or to taste
- 1 tsp. sea salt or to taste
- ¼ tsp. fresh ground black pepper or to taste
- Corn tortillas (about 3 per person)
- Grated asadero cheese (about 2 tbsp. for each rolled tortilla)
- 1 cup of oil (for frying the tortillas)
- Dice the zucchini, onion, tomatoes and green chile into small cubes.
- In a large sauce pan, heat the oil on medium high heat and sauté the zucchini, onion, tomatoes and green chile until soft.
- Add the water, bouillon, sea salt and black pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the heavy cream. Simmer for approximately 30 minutes or until all the flavors have infused, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- In a sauté pan, heat the oil on high heat. Oil should be very hot. Fry each tortilla on each side for a few seconds turning with tongs. Place on a paper towel lined plate to drain excess oil.
- Place about 2 tbsp of grated asadero cheese inside each tortilla and roll. Spoon the zucchini mixture over the rolled tortillas and serve immediately.