Roasted Corn Salad
- 5 ears fresh sweet corn
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, soak the corn in enough water to cover for 15 minutes.
- Lightly oil and preheat grill on high heat.
- Pull back the husks (do not remove) and remove only the silks from the corn. Put the husks back on the corn and place on the grill. Cook 15 to 30 minutes turning occasionally until corn is tender but not charred. Remove from the grill and cool.
- Remove the husks and cut the kernel from the cob. Place in a medium bowl and add the red and orange bell peppers, the onion and the cilantro.
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- Black pepper, to taste
- Sea Salt, to taste
- In a medium bowl add the vinegar, water, olive oil, honey, black pepper and sea salt. Whisk together until all ingredients are infused. Drizzle over the corn mixture.
- Toss salad so that all ingredients are coated well with the dressing.