6 cups pinto beans, cooked undrained
1/2 cup ham, cubed
1/2 cup hot dogs cut in rounds
7 slices of bacon, diced
3.5 oz. of chorizo
1/2 cup onion, diced
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1 cup water
salt and pepper, to taste
- In a sauté pan, brown the bacon and set aside on a paper towel lined plate. Remove all but one tablespoon of the bacon fat from the pan.
- In the same pan, sauté the onion for about one minute.
- Add the chorizo and stir with a spatula, breaking it up until it is completely crumbled apart.
- Add the ham and hot dogs and continue to stir until they are cooked through.
- In a large Dutch oven or pan heat the beans and add the bacon and the chorizo mixture to the beans.
- Bring to a boil. Add the cilantro and season with salt and pepper to taste.