Bison Burgers Tu Style
- 2 lbs ground bison
- 1¼ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- ½ cup good quality barbeque sauce
- ¼ cup diced onion
- Sliced sharp cheddar cheese
- Green leaf lettuce
- Hot house tomato
- Whole wheat buns
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the ground bison, sea salt, pepper and barbeque sauce. Gently fold the ingredients together without over working the mixture.
- Work the meat mixture into patties that are about 4 inches in diameter and 1 inch in thickness. Do not over handle the patties as it will result in a less tender burger.
- Refrigerate the patties for at least an hour.
- Heat a grill or cast iron grill to medium high. Brush the patties with oil and grill until cooked to an internal temperature of at least 160°F.
- During the last minute of cooking, top each burger with cheddar cheese. Serve burgers on whole wheat buns and desired toppings such as lettuce, tomato, mustard, mayonnaise or ketchup.
Sweet Potato Fries
- 5 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Peel and slice the sweet potatoes into long strips
- Place the fries in a medium bowl and coat them with the olive oil.
- Arrange the fries in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, making sure not to overcrowd or overlap them.
- Sprinkle the sea salt and garlic powder over the fries.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until they are tender and golden brown, turning occasionally. May be baked longer for crispier fries.
- Let cool for a few minutes, serve warm.