Refreshing Fruit Salad
The temperatures are beginning to rise so enjoy this energizing salad as a side, a dessert or even as a meal. This colorful fruit salad has the perfect amount of sweetness combined with the tanginess of the dressing.
- 1 cantaloupe (cubed)
- 1 honeydew (cubed)
- 1 lb. red seedless grapes (stemmed)
- 1 green apple (cored and cubed)
- 1.5 cups candied walnuts
- 1.5 cups dried cranberries
- 8 oz. Brie cheese (diced small)
- Baby spinach
- Combine the cantaloupe, honeydew, and the apple in a large salad bowl
- Wash the grapes and add them to the salad bowl
- Add the dried cranberries and walnuts (more or less may be added to the suggested amount)
- Add the Brie cheese to the fruit mixture and toss all the ingredients gently (keep cheese refrigerated until you are ready to cut it to keep it from becoming soft)
- Place a bed of spinach on a plate and top it with the fruit salad.
- Drizzle with raspberry vinaigrette and enjoy!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 1.5 cup raspberry preserves
- ½ tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp poppy seeds
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk all the ingredients together until they are well combined and smooth.
- Dressing should be stored in a jar in the refrigerator.