- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 oz Pancetta, diced
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1 box of bucatini
- Cook the bucatini “al dente” according to the directions on the package; drain.
- Heat the olive oil in large deep skillet over medium heat. Saute the onion until it becomes translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the crushed red pepper and the pancetta and sauté until onion is golden brown and the pancetta is crisp, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and cook over medium-high heat. Stir consistently to avoid sauce from sticking and burning, about 15 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour sauce directly over hot pasta and toss until evenly coated. Top with the grated cheese.